SUSIE’S JALAPENO RANCH DIP


This recipe is totally addictive.  It makes a lot so if you want to put your math skills to test you can cut it down.  I usually make it for a crowd and then enjoy the leftovers for a couple of weeks.  Once you start eating it, you will have a difficult time stopping.  It is supposedly the recipe from Chuy’s, an Austin Mexican restaurant.  The dip is not at all spicy so if you are wanting some heat you might want to switch a few of the jalapenos out for serranos.  The flavor is superb, and I have never made it that it wasn’t the favorite appetizer of the party.  Thanks Susie for sharing!  Now that I have it on the blog I can quit asking you to send me the recipe again!

1 Qt mayo (I use Hellmann’s)
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. chopped fresh jalapenos
1 c. green tomatillo sauce (I use Herdez green salsa)
½ bunch cilantro, chopped
3 – 1 oz. packets dry ranch dressing mix

Mix the first 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth.  Stir in the ranch mix with a whisk.  Chill before serving and keep refrigerated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment