WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY BUNDT CAKE

            
If you want a quick and easy but extremely moist and delicious cake, this recipe is it!  The white chocolate isn't overly strong and melts in the cake so you don't actually get bites of it, but it gives the cake a really nice flavor.  I wanted to make it but knew my annual exam was only a couple weeks away, so I knew better than to have a whole cake around.  I gave big hunks to 3 different households and everyone told me they had it with their coffee in the morning and that it was delicious.  I don't drink coffee, but I not only had it in the morning but kept slicing teeny slices off and on all day because it was so moist and yummy.  That weakness is why I gave a lot away -- now after my annual no holds barred!!  As CRaye's daughter Brooke says,  I am just "cooking the books"!  Those blood tests will give me permission to eat all the sweets I want til the next year -- right?  Obviously you could do a variety of pie fillings, but I have always liked raspberry with white chocolate, so I stuck with the original recipe.  Kim wants to do cherry pie filling since it is her favorite.  Peach, apple, any of them work, but I would suggest running them through a food processor if you use something that has big chunks in it.

1 white cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 3.3 oz. pkg instant white chocolate pudding or vanilla if you can't 
        find it (My HEB had Godiva instant white chocolate)
1 c. sour cream
4 large eggs
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. canola or vegetable oil
1-1/2 c. white baking chips, chopped or 9 oz white chocolate baking
        bar, chopped *
1 c. raspberry pie filling (I used a probably 1-1/2 c.)**

Grease and flour a bundt pan or spray with Baker's Joy.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Beat together the first six ingredients until mixed well, about 2 minutes.  Fold in the white chocolate.  

Fill prepared pan with half of the batter.  Spoon half of the raspberry filling in separated spoonfuls over the bater so it looks like separate clumps.  Using a knife swirl the filling through the cake a couple of times.  Don't overdo it.  Pour remaining better evenly over that filling.  Spoon on remaining pie filling, repeating the swirling process again.

Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean, putting it back in the oven only 3-5 minutes each time until it comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.  Flip onto a platter and cover with a tea towel until it cools.

Frosting:

1/2 c. white chocolate chips, or 3 oz. white chocolate baking bar,
        chopped*
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 TB butter, softened
1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. powdered sugar

Melt the chocolate in the microwave, 20 seconds at a time, stirring until it is melted.  Let it cool for 3 minutes.  Add the cream cheese, butter & vanilla and beat on medium speed until well blended. Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat well.  Put the frosting in the microwave about 15 seconds so it will be slightly runny enough to drizzle over cake.  If it's not runny enough only microwave 10 seconds at a time until you can pour it over the cake.  Drizzle over entire cake.  Let it cool until it sets up before eating.

*I recently learned that white baking chips aren't really white chocolate because they don't have cocoa butter in them.  I bought three 4 oz. bars of Ghirardelli white chocolate baking bars, and used 2 bars + 1 oz of the third bar in the cake and the remaining 3 oz of the third bar in the frosting.

**There is significantly more than 1 c. raspberry filling in a can.  The filling floats to the bottom and since I used 1-1/2 c. of it, the filling section of the cake was liquid-y.  I didn't mind it at all, but I might just use 1 cup next time.  If you use a different fruit filling that has chunks you should definitely run it through a food processor or blender first to minimize the chunks.


No comments:

Post a Comment