AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP

                                    
Kim told me this was an easy but tasty air fryer recipe, and she was exactly right!  I didn't have great shrimp because Favor Delivery brought me the wrong shrimp, but I decided with all the seasonings and bacon it might camouflage the inferior shrimp.  It definitely did just that, and Justin and I were both very pleased with our quick but tasty dinner.  Thanks again Kim for the recommendation!

1 lb. Jumbo size shrimp, peeled (mine were only large at best)
10 slices of bacon cut in half (I cut mine in thirds)
1 t. garlic salt
1 TB chili powder, optional*
1 TB soy sauce
1 TB Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. barbecue sauce

In a medium bowl, combine garlic salt, chili powder (if using), soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and BBQ sauce; stir well to combine.

Put shrimp in a bowl and pour enough sauce over it to coat it well and reserve the rest of the sauce.  Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon and then skewer with a toothpick.  Once each piece of shrimp is skewered, drizzle a little more sauce over it to ensure all pieces are covered with sauce.

Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees for 4 minutes.  Spray the inside with Pam.  Add wrapped shrimp to the air fryer basket.  Cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, depending on how your air fryer cooks, flipping shrimp over about halfway through cooking time. 

Put the shrimp on a platter or in a bowl and drizzle the remainder of the sauce over it all.  Serve immediately.

*I didn't use chili powder because the BBQ sauce I had on hand was spicy, but next time if I am using a less spicy BBQ sauce I will definitely add the chili powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment