PATSY’S DEVILED EGGS



In our neighborhood Patsy is known for her deviled eggs.  Her sweet husband Bob helps her peel them, which of course is the least fun part and why most of us don’t make deviled eggs more often.  BTW I have tried every single suggestion on the internet on how to get the eggs to peel easily and nothing works consistently.  Have you ever known a man who could pass by a platter of them without popping one in his mouth?  I have made them my whole life, but now they are always compared to Patsy’s – even my friend Scott tells me Patsy’s are the best.  SO, I got the exact brands she uses and tried measuring amounts hoping to duplicate hers.  It’s a simple recipe, nothing out of the ordinary, but I have hopes of some day my guys eating them and saying “Yes, you finally can make them as tasty as Patsy does!”

12 large eggs, boiled and peeled
3 TB Vlasic sweet pickle relish*
3 TB Kraft mayo
1 TB French’s yellow mustard
Salt and pepper
Paprika, optional

Slice the eggs in half and pop out the yolk into a separate bowl.  Arrange the whites on a serving platter.  Into the yolks mash in the pickle relish, mayo, mustard, and salt and pepper until the yolks are smooth.  Spoon the filling into the egg whites.  If desired sprinkle lightly with paprika.  (Patsy only does it when she is trying to be “fancy”.)

*Sometimes I like to use sweet jalapeno relish instead of pickles for a little kick – my idea, not Patsy’s.  Yep I’m a rebel!

No comments:

Post a Comment